This Baby Jogger 2016 Summit X3 Single Jogging Stroller Review is one of the best stroller you can have for your baby & you are a fitness conscious parent then definitely you can go for it. It has an all terrain wheels. Large canopy, comfortable seat, different safety features etc.
The seat back does recline in an infinite number of positions all the way to about 20 degrees from flat.
Wheels & Maneuverability
It rolls on three wheels with 16″ rear and 12″ front air filled pneumatic tires; front wheel is swivel & can be locked straight for rougher terrain. As it is an all terrain stroller so you can take it out with you for jog or city/park walk.
Because of all wheels suspension system it runs very smoothly on rough roads & can absorb bumps or bumpy terrain. “Summit X3 Single Jogging Stroller” is quite heavy to push & handle specially in narrow roads.
Seat & canopy
- The canopy is large & adjustable; it will protect your baby from harsh weather. It has two pee-ka-boo windows with side vents for proper air circulation in hot summer days.
- You can remove the entire canopy if you need to.
- The seat can be reclining up to a flat position which will be good for infants but I would like to refer, not to jog with infants.
- Seat is softly padded with great space to give a comfortable ride to your baby.
- The seat can hold weight up to 75lbs.
- You can create your own travel system by pairing your “Summit X3 Double jogging stroller “ with City GO infant car seat, or your existing infant car seat brand, by using our car seat adapters.
- Car seat adapters are unique to the infant car seat/stroller combination and are sold separately. If you love to travel then no issue with this feature.
- It can also accommodate a pram for the smallest of riders which is sold separately.
Handle safety & fold
- I know this would be one of the important section for you in “Summit X3 single jogging stroller review “it has comfortable handlebar with wipe clean grip, but that is not adjustable unlike other stroller which is a drawback for parents as everyone has different height.
- It has hand operated rear brakes for more control on hilly or uneven terrain.
- There is one foot brake which is situated in the rear wheels which not that much flip flop friendly.
- It has adjustable five point harness system with shoulder pads to hold your baby tight & safe.
- It has very compact one hand fold by pulling the handle in the middle of the stroller., it only five minutes to fold & you can ,keep it in any of the corner at your home or you can easily take it with your for travelling .
- This stroller does have a safety wrist strap located low on the frame in case you should trip or loose hand contact with the handlebar.
“Summit X3 single jogging stroller” has very nice storage capacity, it has large basket under the seat which is very easy to access. You can put large diaper bags & other stuffs for your baby. There is one back seat pocket for more storage like small essentials like sun glasses, mobile, keys etc. you can hold up to two lbs into it.
It has a maximum allowable weight of 10 pounds for basket. There is no other parent console or child tray or cup holder.
- Weight – 28.1 lb
- Folded dimension – 25.75″W x15″H x 34.5″L
- Capacity limit – 75 lbs. (suitable for infants to toddlers)
- Product dimension – 22 x 10 x 31 inches
Material & color
The fabric of “Summit X3 single jogging stroller” is nice with soft padded seat with easy to wipe plastic material part. It has a good solid feeling frame with little flex. The handle cover is made with rubber but it is not as comfortable as the foam. The rubber might get hot to the touch in the hot sun.
This stroller comes in black & gray shade with black frame.
After this “Summit X3 single jogging stroller review” we can give a positive conclusion to it as it has many pros with less cons. Parents who love to jog they don’t need to compromise with their schedule because of kids.
This stroller is safe for your baby as well as very useful in terms of two in one use. It comes with life time warranty.